160 Gigabyte Storage Backup



Have you ever had a GB hard drive that doesn't work anymore in your computer or laptop.Here is a great way that you can use your hdd. I have tons of picture fulling up computer and taking up valuable hard drive space. However recently I had to upgrade my computer's hard drive, because of damage or errors from heat or over use?.
   Hard drives go bad while they are being used to host boot files on your computer. surprisingly not all clusters and platters get the same amount of use. Since your computer gets turned on and off. The section that hold the boot files and start-up files get used the most. Eventually that part of the hdd will go bad, and make it difficult, to load boot files. In some cases this cannot be repaired with the fix-disk or repair disk utility. Instead of discarding this hdd that is damaged. The parts of the drive that is not as worn and damaged can be used to store files and hold data that you should back up.
This drive was very conveniently in my possession this week when i realized that the external drive that I've been using is at maxed storage with only 4 GB of free space left. hdd need a certain amount of free space for cache and apps to retrieve data from drive. Never try to fill drive completely.
  You will need an adapter for the type of hdd that you have removed. In my case i remove the adapter from the external drive that i had, now that it's full of data and stored files I can share the adapter with this hdd that i remove from my laptop. I have been storing pictures and videos that i want to back up, on this hdd and so far have used up 20 GB from that 160GB. I transfer all the stored files that was on my laptop to free up all the space from my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment